Monday, May 12, 2008

Playdough

We made playdough this morning so I thought I'd share the recipe. This is the same good ole recipe my mom used for me while I was growing up.

Mix together in a medium saucepan:
-1 cup salt
-2 cups flour
-4 T cream of tartar

Add:
-2 cup water
-2 T oil
-Food coloring of your choice

Stir to mix. Heat on medium stirring constantly until very thick. Knead until smooth.

Mixture starts out really runny...

...but clumps up fast.  Keep stirring!

At this point, scrap the mixture all together and place it on your counter.

Knead the "dough" until it is throughly combined.


I separate the dough into 3 different balls so we can do a few different colors.

Drip food coloring drops onto the ball and knead the dough until the color is consistent throughout. Make sure you do this on a cutting board or wax paper so you don't stain your countertop.

No comments: