Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Black Bean Chicken

This is my favorite recipe to make for new moms.  Super easy to put together and I can drop it off already cooked or ready for them to put into the oven themselves.

-4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
-salt
-pepper
-garlic powder
-8 oz. salsa ( I use a 16 ounce jar to provide for extra sauce for the rice)
-15 oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed
-can of corn, drained *this isn't in the original recipe, but I love adding this in.
-Monterey Jack or Mexican Mix shredded cheese

Season each breast with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place in a 9X13 pan that's been sprayed with cooking spray. Pour salsa over chicken. Add the can of black beans...a little over each breast. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes. Remove from oven and add cheese to top of each breast. Place back in oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. I serve with brown rice...the salsa and beans make a great sauce for the rice.  Add a dollop of sour cream to the top when serving...I also love jalapenos on mine.

From the kitchen of Alison Pardee.

No comments: