Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Creole Potato Salad

I am not generally a fan of potato salad, mainly because mayonnaise grosses me out a little bit.  However, I was introduced to this zippy mustard based potato salad by my friend Katie this past weekend.  Yum with a capital Y.  I'm in love!!!  I also love my friend Dori's Pesto Potato Salad which uses pesto sauce instead of mayo as a dressing for the salad.

-3 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed well and cubed
-3/4 cup mayo
-1/2 cup Creole mustard (recommended: Zatarains)
-2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
-1 teaspoon sugar
-Salt and freshly ground black pepper
-1 small Vidalia onion, chopped
-2 stalks celery, chopped
-2 cloves garlic, chopped

Place the cubed potatoes in a large pot of cold salted water. Bring to a boil. Cook potatoes until they are fork tender. Drain in a colander and let cool.

In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
Once cool, add potatoes to a large bowl. Add chopped onions, celery, and garlic. Pour the dressing over the potatoes and mix well. Season with salt and pepper, if needed.



Link for video on how to make it....
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/down-home-with-the-neelys/creole-potato-salad-recipe/index.html

From the kitchen of Katie Talbert (courtesy of the Neely's).

No comments: