Monday, August 22, 2011

BBQ Cups

I saw this recipe on Busy Kids = Happy Mom, a blog that I frequent.  I'm always looking for something fun and easy to make with the kids so thought I'd give it a try.  They had so much fun "helping" and thought the finished product was tasty.  Seemed healthy enough for their growing bodies so we were all happy.

-1 pound ground beef (or turkey)
-2 Grands Flaky Biscuits (the kind you can pull apart)
-1/2 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or whatever you like)
-1/2 cup  barbeque sauce (any flavor)

Brown ground beef and removed excess grease.  Add the cheese and bbq sauce and mix together with the cooked meat.  Lightly spray a muffin pan with Pam. Divide each biscuit in half (peel it in half where you see the division in the dough already) and shape inside of muffin pan.  This takes a little stretching.   Scoop the meat (about a heaping soup spoon full) filling into the biscuit.  Bake according to biscuit directions (350 degrees for 14 -17 minutes).  Makes about 24 "cups."  The boys ate a few and then I froze the rest.  I layed them out on a cookie sheet and put them in the freezer.  After about an hour, I took them off the cookie sheet and put in a plastic bag for future use.   

No comments: