Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Easy Chicken Pot Pie

I LOVE Chicken Pot Pie! My favorite CPP recipe is my SIL Kelly's, which you can find here. However if I'm in a hurry and don't have all the ingredients for that one on hand, I'll throw this together. Still super yummy and all 3 boys enjoy it.


-1 (10 ounce) pkg. frozen peas and carrots (I just buy mixed veggies with peas, carrots, corn, lima beans - or just through in a variety of what you have canned or in your freezer)
-1/2 cup chopped onion
-1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
-1/2 cup butter
-1/3 cup flour
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon dried sage or thyme
-1/8 teaspoon pepper
-2 cups chicken broth
-3/4 cup milk
-3 cups cubed chicken, cooked (I cube it and then saute for a few minutes until browned)
-parsley
-1 refrigerated Pillsbury pie crust**

Cook peas and carrots by microwave directions. Cook onions and mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt, sage or thyme, and pepper. Add chicken broth and milk. Cook until thick and bubbly. Stir in peas and carrots, chicken, and parsley. Pour into a pie plate. Cover with pie crust. Bake 1 hour for 350 degree.

**You can also use 2 pie crusts if you prefer. Layer one in your pie plate and pour the chicken mixture in. Then, lay the additional pie crust on top, pinching the lower and top crust edges together to seal.

No comments: