Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Roasted Broccoli

This is my favorite way to eat broccoli!  I think it tastes so much better this way instead of steamed.  Plus, it's super simple. 

-Head of broccoli, cut into bite-site florets
-Olive oil
-Garlic powder
-Salt
-Pepper

Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.  Layer broccoli florets on a baking sheet.  Spray with olive oil (I have one of those Pampered Chef sprayers).  If you don't have this or something comparable, you can just drizzle with a little olive oil (1-2 T maximum).  Mix broccoli around to make sure it's well coated.  Sprinkle generously with garlic powder, salt and freshly ground pepper.  Bake for about 10 minutes (give or a take a few minutes) until the florets start to brown.  Keep an eye on it.  It changes quick.  You are usually safe for at least 8 minutes.  I love that the broccoli stays bright green and is still a little crunchy.  My kids love it too.  Enjoy!

No comments: