Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Easter Quiche

I'm still trying to use some of the ham I have in my freezer from Easter. I threw the ham and a concoction of other stuff I needed to use up in my fridge together and it turned out pretty good. This turned out to be one of my best quiches yet!

-1 cup shredded swiss cheese
-1 cup shredded colby and monterey jack cheese
-2 T flour
-1 1/2 cups half and half
-4 eggs, slightly beaten
-1 - 1 1/2 cups finely chopped ham (could've been a little more or less...I just sort of eyeballed it)
-2-3 pieces of crumbled bacon
-salt and pepper to taste (about 1/4 t each)
-pie crust

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Pour into an unbaked pie crust. Place pie plate on a cookie sheet that is covered in foil to protect your oven from any potential spillovers. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-65 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.

No comments: